According to the current garbage, trash, and refuse collection ordinance, charges for garbage service are required to be paid by each residential and commercial owner/occupant.
Residential service is provided on Monday, with commercial service provided on Tuesday and Friday. Yard trash is picked up on Tuesday and Thursday within the city limits on a rotating schedule. Garbage will not be collected on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Expect pickup the following business day. If you have any questions or concerns reach out to Waste One at (850) 670-8132.
Listed below are the rules and regulations regarding garden and yard trash collection:
- Garden and yard trash piles MUST NOT BE MIXED with other materials.
- Garden and yard trash piles must not exceed 4 feet (H) by 4 feet (W) by 8 feet (L).
- Shrubs/trunks or tree limbs must not exceed 6" in diameter.
- ALL leaves are required to be bagged.
- Lawn care companies are REQUIRED to dispose of debris generated.
- Ensure that piles of yard waste are tightly compacted.
- Do not lace yard waste under low lying tree branches or underneath power lines.
Waste One provides and maintains a 96-gallon cart for residential and small commercial customers. For commercial service that requires more than one can or a dumpster, please contact City Hall.
Please note that the City of Apalachicola will no longer pick up mixed debris piles. The City of Apalachicola encourages all residents to utilize Amnesty Days at the Franklin County Landfill. Residents may dump all debris for free on amnesty days.
Please help keep our clean and debris-free by following the above rules and regulations. It takes everyone's help and cooperation to keep our community looking the best.